Tuesday 27 September 2011

Summer Project.

Here's a selection of images of mood boards I created to research various brands. I really enjoy this kind of thing as I think I have a pretty good understanding of use of logo and graphics within fashion. Most of the logo's I like are quite basic and will not be used on the front of the garment as advertising or branding.

A really basic logo can in some ways be far more effective than something which is overstated. The choice of logo is very important to a company as it tells the potential customer if this is a brand that they want to be associated with or not. 




 
As well as gathering information on logo's and brands we were also asked the find products which we felt were innovative in some way. I don't like things which are 'wacky' for the sake of it, so I looked for more understated items which had a purpose. 





The final part of the small project was to combine one of the innovative products we found with one of our chosen brands and to create a mood board. I decided to combine Herschel Supply Co. with Henrik Vibskov. Herschel are a very traditional brand who don't usually break the mold, whereas Henrik Vibskov are known for their flair and quirkiness - this presents the perfect combination. 


No comments:

Post a Comment