Monday 30 January 2012

Application of Design

For our latest module we have to design a new product range for the A/W 13/14 season. The range has to be made as if it were for Marc Jacobs, I wouldn't have chosen this brand myself, but as this is a group module, and there were few designers to choose from, I had little say. 

Our range is going to be for a trend (I dislike designing for trends, it seems a little bit too premeditated and preachy) entitled 'Sublime'. According to WGSN this is going to be a trend based on 'an ethereal feeling' with 'subtle undertones'. 



This is the moodboard I have created based on what WGSN describes 'Sublime' as - I've gathered various images which I think convey the tones and palette of the trend. Hopefully once I actually start designing I will be able to put a little bit of my own stamp on the work - so far it all feels a little bit too prescribed by what the 'trend' dictates.

No comments:

Post a Comment